Value for Money
We recommend LeVpn for p2p
Summary : A great P2P vpn service however hidemyass is a better alternative.
Le VPN was founded in 2010 in France by a team of information security experts, passionate about the internet security and the personal freedoms and protection of individuals on the web.
Due to their extensive experience consulting international corporations on the online protection and information security projects, mostly across Europe, they have decided to bring the data and connection protection service of Le VPN to private individuals, starting with France and the rest of Western Europe.
Due to international expansion of the service, in early 2012 Le VPN team formed their headquarters in Hong Kong, incorporated under the name of VTNV Solutions Limited.
Today Le VPN team serves both French-speaking and English-speaking individuals, with their websites in the 2 languages, bilingual client support team and the growing network of Le VPN servers, currently in 12 countries.
Le VPN service uses 2 main protocols:
• OpenVPN protocol
The OpenVPN protocol corresponds to the highly secured encryption of your VPN tunnel and uses an X.509 certificates authentication. It can be used on the most popular operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu and others. The OpenVPN servers of Le VPN are based in 12 countries: France, UK, US, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Russia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.
• PPTP protocol
The PPTP protocol is a lighter version of a VPN, with its 128 bits SSL encryption and login/password authentication. This protocol is usually used for mobile devices, like iPhones, Android phones, and iPads, and is compatible with almost any operating system. The PPTP servers of Le VPN are based in 7 countries: France, Switzerland, Belgium, UK, US, Germany, and Czech Republic.
Network Description and Servers Location
Le VPN servers are based in 12 countries and Le VPN is among the rare providers with a servers network in the majority of French-speaking countries in Continental Europe and Northern America.
Packages Available and Prices
Le VPN proposes 2 types of packages: Le VPN Pro and Le VPN Ultimate.
The main difference is the number of servers available for use, from 7 in the Pro package to 12 in the Ultimate package.
You can also choose your payment preferences, than can be monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual.
Peer to Peer and Log Policies
Le VPN allows the usage of Peer to Peer software only through their servers based in the Czech Republic.
Le VPN only logs the timestamp when the user is connected and disconnected. Le VPN does not log any information passing through their servers.
Le VPN will never resell or provide your information to a third party unless they are required to do so in order to conform with a legal requirement, comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of Le VPN, or act to protect the interests of their customers. The Le VPN websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under their control. All data is protected using the most advanced methods available.
European Segment (France) – Le Vpn not connected
European Segment (France) – Le Vpn connected
Asian Segment (Russia) – Le Vpn not connected
Asian Segment (Russia) – Le Vpn connected
US Segment - Le Vpn not connected
US Segment - Le Vpn connected
The Support Centre is available for all Le VPN clients in both English and French languages. The average answering time is 1 hour during the European working hours, including weekends.
Available Payment Providers
The payment of Le VPN services is available through Paypal and through 2CheckOut, that accept the majority of credit and debit cards from all over the world.
Le VPN Benefits
• One of the Best European VPN Providers: Le VPN service is ideal for users based in Europe and/or interested in the European online content, due to their extensive server network in 10 European countries.
• Bilingual Support and Interface (English/French): Started as a French company, Le VPN provides the support material, client area interface and live support help in both English and French languages.
• Advanced Online Security: Le VPN’s security techniques include a top-secret level encryption and guarantee the maximum online protection to its clients.
• Anonymous Internet Identity: Le VPN allocates a shared IP to all its clients based on the location of the server, that they have picked to connect to. With Le VPN navigation, your internet footprint is reduced due to change of your IP address.
• Virtually Reside in Multiple Countries: Le VPN allows you to change your virtual residence in less than a minute! You can be based in the US and be watching French TV on TF1, or be based in Switzerland and be listening to a live BBC channel, or you may be travelling and simply don’t want to miss your favorite American shows. All of that is possible with Le VPN!
• Bypass Censorship: With Le VPN’s access points all over the world, you can always find at least 1 server that you can connect to even from the most restricted networks and countries with strict internet censorship.
• Safe P2P and File Sharing: Le VPN allows peer to peer and file sharing from their servers in the Czech Republic, where the p2p is not restricted by the local legislation.